Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Gift card holder in a few easy steps

Hi everyone!  OK so my boys are at an age where all they want for Christmas (and birthdays) is an ITunes gift card.  Gone are the days when I could get them toys, a Lego set or a Pokemon card tin.  Now its all about the iPad games and money buys gems!  Sniff sniff.  AND all their friends are the same.  Everyone wants gift cards for their birthday's now.  So, it's a good thing FSJ has the super cute and easy Gift Card Sleeve die which at least makes it a more personal gift!
With a few steps, you can rock a super cute customized gift card holder.  There is even a coordinating set of dies for the Gift Card Sleeve to make it even easier called Gift Card Window Plates die set.  They are birthday, love and any occasion themed dies. SO cute!!
Here's how I made my gift card sleeve:
Step 1: Lay out Gift Card Sleeve die and the tree insert from the Holiday Box Window Plates die set
Step 2: Remove dies, trim Limeade Splash cardstock and adhere to the inside behind the tree opening
Step 3: Assemble gift card sleeve with 2 strips of white liner tape (side and bottom flaps)
Step 4: Decorate as much or as little you want.  Mine was pretty simple, I used a few stars from my Star Punch, one sequin from the Journey Holiday Elements, a small strip of patterned paper and some of the new Candy Apple twine (which launched with the Magical Journey collection!).
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!  Here's a close up picture and you can see the detail where I added a dab of glitter to each little star.  So fun!!


1 comment:

  1. Cute holder Michelle. The dies make it quick to make. My son wants money for Christmas too, and he's only 10. Oh, and the new Forza Horizon game! lol

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.