Friday, May 5, 2017

Beautiful card -I'm wishing for the sun!

Hi everyone!  I have a sunny happy card to share today. I made this to cheer myself up because I'm sitting here on yet another cold and rainy day.  Boy oh boy I want summer to get here!!
My card uses the stamp set, Hello Lovely and I love how cheery it is.  It has 3 sunflower, 3 adorable bees and 4 sentiments!!  I also used my much neglected Steel Rule die called Fab Tabs.  This die has 10 tabs in a variety of shapes and sizes.  They are primarily meant for Memory Keeping and Planners, but I love to cut them in half and use on cards for little accent banners!  Both the bees and the center of my sunflower have Journey Glaze on them and on the flower I sprinkled it with Sparkle Dust!  Super fun.
I watercolored the images.  Shocking, I know, but I have found a super easy to do this and it's become my go-to way to color now.  I just color the image directly with the Color Splash pencils and get my brush wet and lightly smooth out the color.  Done, easy!  I still struggle with creating fabulous backgrounds, but this is a good start for us technique challenged crafters.  Am I right?!!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!
All products used are Fun Stampers Journey.

1 comment:

  1. Adorable card! Been thinking about your blog today and here is your post!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.